Previously only available as DOS software, MULTILOG has been updated to the current Windows operating systems: 98, NT, 2000, ME, and XP. Extensive online Help has been added, covering almost completely the newly edited book that combines all four programs in one volume.
Annotated program input and output can be found throughout the online Help system and the new manual. A graphic module adds item characteristic curves, item information curves, and test information curves to MULTILOG. The plots may be saved in the Windows Metafile format (WMF) and are then easily included in applications such as MS Word.
Although the programs are command driven (an analysis is specified by creating a command file with the included editor), MULTILOG features a dialog-box user interface to assist first-time users or occasional users with writing such a command file.
Some Features of MULTILOG 7
- • Easy to use graphical user interface
- • One, two and three-parameter logistic models
- • Samejima's model for graded responses
- • Bock's model for nominal (non-ordered) responses
- • Steinberg's model for multiple-choice items
- • Handling of multiple-alternative items, such as multiple-choice tests or Likert-type attitude questionnaires
- • Scoring of items with multiple alternatives
- • Differential item functioning (DIF)
- • Handling of data from several populations simultaneously
- • Analysis of mixtures of items types
- • Testing of item parameters across groups
- • Handling of equality constraints and fixed parameters
- • Presentation quality IRT graphics, can be imported in Word, Access, etc.
- • Detailed online HELP documentation include description of interface, syntax, and examples.
- • Includes a PDF file of a complete user’s manual.