The Geometer's Sketchpad is a dynamic construction, demonstration, and exploration tool that adds a powerful dimension to the study of mathematics. You and your students can use this software program to build and investigate mathematical models, objects, figures, diagrams, and graphs.
- • With Sketchpad™, you can give your students a tangible, visual way to explore and understand core concepts—from numbers and operations, algebraic thinking, and geometry and measurement in elementary and middle school to algebra, geometry, trigonometry, precalculus, and calculus in high school and college. Concepts that students frequently find difficult become very clear when they see visual representations on the screen and interact with them using Sketchpad.
- • Sketchpad has the flexibility to help you meet your teaching needs regardless of your subject matter, technological expertise, grade level, or curriculum. You can take advantage of our subject-specific, ready-to-use activity books and sample activities or create your own activities and demonstrations to differentiate learning for all students.
- • Sketchpad provides you with a faster, more dynamic and engaging way to demonstrate mathematical concepts than using transparencies or drawing on the board. Sketchpad works easily with your LCD projector, classroom computer, or SMART Board.
- • Sketchpad can help you quickly explore variables, relationships, and the mathematics of change with your students. When you construct objects in Sketchpad, you can drag points and lines with the mouse. As shapes and positions change, all mathematical relationships are preserved, allowing you and your students to examine an entire set of similar cases in a matter of seconds.
- • You can use Sketchpad across the mathematics curriculum, so you don’t need different software for each class, concept, or grade level that you teach.
- • Sketchpad’s friendly user interface allows you and your students to get quickly up to speed so you can spend your time teaching mathematics, not software.
- • You can quickly and easily generate teaching aids such as worksheets, tests, reports, and presentations with accurately measured figures by exporting Sketchpad files to word-processing programs and spreadsheets, other drawing programs, and the Internet.