Patterns often concern the categories to which situations belong. For example, is a loan applicant creditworthy or not? Will a certain segment of the population ignore a mailout or respond to it? Will a process give high, medium, or low yield on a batch of raw material?
See5 (Windows 7/8/10) and its Linux counterpart C5.0 are sophisticated data mining tools for discovering patterns that delineate categories, assembling them into classifiers, and using them to make predictions.
Some important features:
- • See5/C5.0 has been designed to analyze substantial databases containing thousands to millions of records and tens to hundreds of numeric, time, date, or nominal fields. See5/C5.0 also takes advantage of computers with up to eight cores in one or more CPUs (including Intel Hyper-Threading) to speed up the analysis.
- • To maximize interpretability, See5/C5.0 classifiers are expressed as decision trees or sets of if-then rules, forms that are generally easier to understand than neural networks.
- • See5/C5.0 is available for Windows 7/8/10 and Linux.
- • See5/C5.0 is See5/C5.0 is easy to use and does not presume any special knowledge of Statistics or Machine Learning (although these don't hurt, either!)
- • RuleQuest provides C source code so that classifiers constructed by See5/C5.0 can be embedded in your organization's own systems.