Since its introduction in 1976, the Power System Simulator for Engineering tool has become the most comprehensive, technically advanced, and widely used commercial program of its type. It is widely recognized as the most fully featured, time-tested and best performing commercial program available.
PSS®E is an integrated, interactive program for simulating, analyzing, and optimizing power system performance. It provides the user with the most advanced and proven methods in many technical areas, including:
- • Power Flow
- • Optimal Power Flow
- • Balanced or Unbalanced Fault Analysis
- • Dynamic Simulation
- • Extended Term Dynamic Simulation
- • Open Access and sdPricing
- • Transfer Limit Analysis
- • Network Reduction
Since the mid 1980s we have also supplied utility and industry planning software and currently offer PSS®SINCAL as our strategic product in this field. Besides electrical networks, PSS®SINCAL also is capable of dealing with gas, water and district heating system planning tasks.
Siemens PTI has also developed tools for maintaining and integrating transmission operations with transmission planning including the integration of real-time information to our PSS®ODMS Operational Database Management System software that is fully CIM (Common Information Model) compliant.
• PSS®E - transmission system planning
• PSS®SINCAL - utility and industry system analysis
• PSS®NETOMAC - dynamic system analysis
• PSS®ODMS - operational data management
• PSS®MUST - transmission system analysis
• MOD® - model on demand