• All configurations of Vensim now use double floating point precision for both calculations and results storage.
• New file formats to allow compatibility with 64 bit operating systems which also allow very large datasets.
• New savelist editors speed up definition of sensitivity runs.
• Behavior graphs’ sizing can now be set.
• Improved XMILE support.
• Translations : Vensim has been translated to Spanish (click Tools->Language and select Spanish).
• Synthesim is enabled for sensitivity simulations, exploiting Vensim’s speed to make risk and uncertainty interactive.
If you’ve been using the beta or first official release (July/early August), it’s worth upgrading to the latest 8.0.1, which contains an important fix for autosaved backups.