Get a multidimensional view of performance from network, service and subscriber perspectives.
Take a look at KPIs from a network infrastructure perspective, including metrics such as packet loss, latency and interface utilization.
View KQIs and KPIs on a service level including metrics such as MOS and SEER that are measured for a service like VoLTE as well as LTE service network itself.
Examine the behavior and QoE of subscribers (groups or individual) based on metrics such as service experience indexes and call drop rates.
The EXFO Xtract platform architecture
Created using an open and elastic architecture, EXFO Xtract is built to adapt to increasingly complex network and service structures, capturing and analyzing the real end-to-end service experience delivered by mobile and fixed networks.
Enabling EXFO Xtract to be integrated with various data sources, the data collection layer includes purpose-built adapters that gather data from different predefined data sources as well as universal data adapters for CSV and XML formats and direct database/API integrations.
Dynamically configurable data models adapt the EXFO Xtract analytics system to the users’ perspective of their network and services. Overlay of network and service topologies allow operators to express the relationship between any given service and its physical and logical resources.
Data enrichment, processing and analysis functions in EXFO Xtract are managed through the analytics engine. Data from the collection layer is processed in the analytics engine based on the KPI definitions while service models and hierarchies are defined in the service modeler, and provided to the UI layers for visualization and to the automation layer for alarms and data exporting.
A flexible dashboard and reporting module ensures an optimized experience based on user profiles, job function or use case.
Dashboards are web-based with drag and drop capabilities and a context-sensitive drilldown. A large number of different types of visualization elements are available, from geographical maps to trending, worst and top N , alarm reports and much more.
The automation layer enables the seamless integration of EXFO Xtract with OSS/BSS, big data and other CSP systems.
The layer includes functionality for alarming and data extraction from the EXFO Xtract database. It also provides an open API for a better integration of EXFO Xtract with other systems.
A paradigm shift in service assurance
- • Dynamic
- The power of EXFO Xtract lies in its ability to dynamically model networks and services using any and all required data inputs literally on the fly. This is a paradigm shift in service assurance and enables operators to quickly adapt to support new requirements in analytics and visualization for both existing and new services.
- • Real-time
- Aggregate and correlate test and measurement data from any network or service type and visualize this in real time for different interest groups in the CSP’s organization. EXFO Xtract supports monitoring, testing and troubleshooting from network, service performance and subscribers’ viewpoints.
- • Universal
- Leverage data from a multitude of sources–including field instruments, test probes, network equipment and B/OSS systems. Now, CSPs can rapidly deploy new services, analyze performance baselines and accurately pinpoint service-affecting events. Employ Xtract in conjunction with any other technology, network architecture or equipment vendor.
- • End-to-end
- Seamless integration with EXFO’s active and passive probes enable CSPs to combine that data with information gathered on-line from the underlying network infrastructure. Pinpoint service-affecting network events using historical and real-time reports that can be viewed for any period of time through charts, grids and maps.
- • Future proof
- Automation will drive analytics to become a trigger within the network orchestration system— dictating where capacity is increased or decreased across the network’s entirety. Xtract’s historical modelling of service impacting events and propagation analysis sets the stage for predictive analytics and automation.