• IDA: Support IDA Pro 7.6 SP1, minimum
required version is still 7.4
• Ghidra: The BinExport Ghidra extension
is now included in the package. This is still
considered beta and will require to manually
export files from Ghidra in order to bindiff them.
• Binary Ninja: A BinExport plugin for Binary Ninja
is included. This is still considered beta. Use the
third-party BD Viewer or export manually to
• Function names are now exported in `.BinDiff`
result files, making post-processing easier
• Improved speed in native BinExport plugins.
Exporting from IDA Pro and Binary Ninja is up
to 30% faster compared to BinDiff 6.
• User interface: Shipping with updated Java
runtime based on JDK 16 on all platforms,
• User interface: Better HiDPI support on all
• Installation packages: disassembler plugins are
now symlinked into per-user plugin directories
instead of being copied into the target disassem bler installation.
• User configuration now uses JSON format,
making future changes easier and fixes some
long-standing serialization issues.
• macOS: Notarized binaries/package
compatible with macOS 11 "Big Sur"
• macOS: Universal Binaries supporting ARM64
(aka "Apple Sillicon") and x86-64
• Fixed a security issue where a specially crafted .
BinExport file could lead to an out-of-bounds me
mory access. Thanks to Mickey Jin of Trend Micro
Mobile Security Research Team for the report.