Major release• Added new dollar control options gdxLoad and gdxUnload to
load and unload symbols from and to GDX files in a single
instruction at compile time.
• Print an extra log line for echo dollar control options $echo,
$echoN, and $onEcho, which write to an external file. When
running GAMS from one of the GAMS IDEs, this log line can
be clicked to open the file created.
• Extended the report generated by dmpSym and dmpUserSym
to include another column reporting a memory estimate for
each set, parameter, variable, and equation.
• Removed the columns DIM-OK, ACCESS, SPECVAL, EXTERN,
TABLE, DOMAIN, and LAGLEAD from the report generated
by dmpUserSym. This information is very technical and
mostly of internal interest. These columns are still available
• The status of Multi-Threading for the Grid and Multi-
Threading Solve Facility has been changed from beta to
released and fully supported.
• Fixed that the stars option was ignored for some messages
in the output file.
• Fixed a problem that causes default records in the data
statement or when loaded from GDX (see $load) being
ignored with implicit set definition. So with only i1 and
i2 made it into i. Now, i0 is added as well.
• Fixed a problem, where $onDotL and $onDotScale were
ignored in put statements.
• Fixed a problem, where $onDelim was applied incorrectly
to display and option statements.
• Fixed a problem, where $onSymXRef and $onUElXRef were
ignored when there were too many references.
• Fixed and extended the behavior of $eval: If a GAMS function was hidden by a user defined symbol, $eval ignored the latter.
This has been changed. Now, the GAMS function needs to be
prefixed with system. to be accessed in this case. An example
for this behavior is given here.
• Fixed a potential problem when doing a filtered load of
symbols with domain violations through EmbeddedCode.
• Fixed an unwanted compilation error that happened if $onExt
ernalInput or $onExternalOutput were used on the same line
and after $if.
• Fixed a problem where dumpOpt in combination with $onVerb
atim skipped a leading substitution character in an $ifThen
• Allow to write point files with asynchronous solves as well.
• Moved the log line pointing to a reference file from the end
of the compilation phase to the end of the run, to make it
easier to recognize.
• Automatically deactivate holdFixed if a model is solved asynchr
onously, since this could lead to inconsistent solutions otherwi
se. Note that this can make a square model non-square as in
cns01. Also note, that this could require some adjustment to
models which actually relied on the fact, that models solved
like this did not update the solution for fixed variables. Such
a change was done for the model jacobi.
• Fixed a problem where the file path specified with $gdxIn or
$gdxLoad was ignored when inputDir was applied.
• The status of Multi-Threading for the Grid and Multi-Threading
Solve Facility has been changed from beta to released and fully
• Fixed a potentially broken work file written with previousWork.
• Fixed the default for command line parameter empty. It should
be on but was off.
• Fixed the dollar control options $setComps, $setNames, and
$splitOption: They should generate scoped compile-time
variable but generated local ones.
• Fixed potentially wrongly reported bounds for models
solved with solveLink=6.
• Fixed missing info about objective variable with
solveLink = 3 and asyncSolLst = 1.