Conners Continuous Performance Test 3rd Edition™
The Conners Continuous Performance Test 3rd Edition™ (Conners CPT 3™) is a task-oriented computerized assessment of attention-related problems in individuals aged 8 years and older. By indexing the respondent's performance in areas of inattentiveness, impulsivity, sustained attention, and vigilance, the Conners CPT 3 can be useful to the process of diagnosing Attention-Deficit/Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD) and other neurological conditions related to attention. The Conners CPT 3 provides objective information about an individual's performance in attention tasks, complementing information obtained from rating scales such as the Conners 3.
New to the Conners CPT 3:
- • Revised paradigm: New ratio of non-targets (the letter X) to targets (all other letters) to improve the test’s sensitivity to impulsivity problems.
- • New and updated normative data:
- º Consists of 1400 cases representative of the latest United States (U.S.) population census.
- º Normative samples normed on a variety of computer models and operating systems.
- • Enhanced look and feel of the program designed to reduce glare and reflection on computer or laptop monitors.
- • New Scores and Score Dimensions of Attention Measured:
- º Inattentiveness
- º Impulsivity
- º Sustained Attention
- º Vigilance (new)
- • New easy to understand clinical likelihood statements are based on T-scores and displayed as very high, high, moderate, or minimal.
- • New age range: Age 8+
Scoring and Interpretation
New scores and scoring algorithm have been developed to help assessors pinpoint the exact nature of the respondent’s attention problems. The Conners CPT 3 uses both standardized and raw scores to determine not only the respondent’s performance overall but also in four different aspects of attention: Inattentiveness, Impulsivity, Sustained Attention and Vigilance.