MedCalc is a complete statistical program for Windows designed to closely match the requirements of biomedical researchers. It is fast, user-friendly and reliable. MedCalc is the most user-friendly software for Receiver Operating Characteristic curve (ROC curves) analysis. The MedCalc ROC module includes comparison of up to 6 ROC curves. The software also includes Bland & Altman plot, Passing and Bablok and Deming regression for method comparison studies.
- • Integrated spreadsheet (pop-up) with 16384 columns and up to 100000 rows.
- • Correct handling of missing data.
- • Outliers can easily be excluded.
- • Built-in WYSIWYG text editor.
- • Imports Excel, Excel 2007, SPSS, DBase and Lotus files, and files in SYLK, DIF or plain text format.
- • Easy selection of subgroups for statistical analysis.
ROC curve analysis
- • Area under the curve (AUC) with standard error, 95% confidence interval, P-value.
- • List of sensitivity, specificity, likelihood ratios, and positive and negative predictive values for all possible threshold values.
- • ROC curve graph with 95% Confidence Bounds.
- • Threshold values can be selected in an interactive dot diagram with automatic calculation of corresponding sensitivity and specificity.
- • Plot of sensitivity and specificity versus criterion values.
- • Interval likelihood ratios.
- • Comparison of up to 6 ROC curves: difference between the areas under the ROC curves, with standard error, 95% confidence interval and P-value.
- • Sample size calculation for area under ROC curve and comparison of ROC curves.
- • Go to the ROC curve analysis section of the MedCalc manual for more information on ROC curve analysis in MedCalc.
- • Lots of graphs.
- • Data point identification in graphs.
- • Name, save and recall graphs and statistics.
- • Statistical info in graph windows.
- • PC with Windows 98 Second Edition or better (MedCalc is compatible with Windows 98 SE, Me, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista and Windows 7).
- • 64 Mb of memory.
- • 8 Mb free space on the hard disk.