ARTS™ offers a comprehensive range of hydraulic solutions through a specially developed graphical-user interface. The easy-to-use interface allows users to follow the well-established engineering design practice of using sketch diagrams to define systems and convey information. The result: designers have powerful analytical tools at their fingertips, and yet are able to maintain a traditional approach to system definition.
The ARTS™ application has been developed to provide the right tools to engineers working in various capacities in the water industry. Whatever sector of water industry engineering you are engaged in, ARTS™ can save you time and money.
ARTS™ also be used to analyze pipe flow, open channel flow, pumping stations and waterhammer analysis. Other features of this software include the ability to analyze single objects or entire systems, built-in error checking, full-featured zoom control to show and edit detailed areas of the design sheet, add graphic elements to design sheets and built-in text editor. ARTS™ is available with either single-user or enterprise licenses. Both carry a full year of technical support, and access to any upgrades that are released during the licensed period.
New for Version 1.3
Additional Gravity Flow Objects:
- • Rapid Gravity Filter –a single or multi-cell filter, this water treatment object allows users to incorporate a fixed head loss unit into a system.
- • Sludge Blanket Clarifier - this object comprises an inlet manifold distribution system and a network of gravity collecting channels.
Additional Gravity Flow Analysis:
- • Check Existing Systems - this command makes it easier to examine existing systems with ARTS. Users can now specify design weir levels for gravity system objects and check for flooding when flows larger than the design flow are passed through the system.
- • Unlimited Inflows to Gravity Systems – ARTS can now handle multiple inflows to a WWTP/WTP system.
- • More Advanced HP Plotting - ARTS can now produce a hydraulic profile plot for systems with flow division. All the potential flow paths are now plotted, allowing the user to choose which one to view. The format of the HP plot has been changed and is now a linear schematic of the system with maximum and minimum top water levels superimposed.
- • Other Newtonian Fluid - ARTS has an added fluid type - the "Other Newtonian Fluid", which allows users to examine additional systems, such as systems for pumping oil. The user input for this fluid is the density and viscosity. The method of fluid definition has also been changed, and is now done by setting a global sheet value for the fluid, rather than in the supply/flow object.
As a result of user feedback, additional features have been added to make ARTS easier to use, some of which are:
- • Default Pipe and Channel - users can now define the properties of the default pipe and the default channel, making data input easier for larger ystems.
- • Improved License Control - users can now move ARTS from one machine to another from the ARTS main window menu.