Has your company ever missed opportunities or lost money because single-point estimatesof market demand, materials costs, or project completion time turned out to be way off the mark? There's no escaping uncertainty -- demand fluctuates, costs increase, and things take longer than expected.
But you can capture the uncertainty in your Excel model, and explore its consequences -- taking into account not just a "best, average and worst case" scenario, but thousands of scenarios -- in seconds. And modifying your existing Excel model to do this is easier than you think, with Risk Solver. Risk analysis expert Dr. Sam Savage says, "Risk Solver does for uncertainty what the spreadsheet did for numbers."
With Risk Solver, each time you change a number on the spreadsheet, a new simulation with thousands of trials is performed -- often in no more time than a single spreadsheet "recalc" -- and a full range of simulation results -- including charts and statistics -- can be displayed. Suddenly, you find that insights about your model, and decisions you can make, start to flow intuitively. Early users have called this instant, interactive feedback "addictive."
Risk Solver uses Frontline's Polymorphic Spreadsheet Interpreter technology to achieve breakthrough simulation speeds -- up to 100 times faster than normal Excel-based Monte Carlo simulation -- thus making Interactive Simulation practical every time you change a number on the spreadsheet. PSI Technology™ uses vectorized evaluation to effectively compute hundreds or thousands of Monte Carlo trials in parallel, for unmatched speed and responsiveness.
Great-Looking Charts in Seconds
More Industrial-Strength FeaturesRisk Solver is a true "industrial strength" risk analysis product. It gives you more sampling methods, more analytic distributions, more statistics and risk measures, more aids for correlation and distribution fitting, more flexible charts and graphs, and an easier, fastergraphical interface. All of which is designed to make your analysis more productive. For example:
- • Four high-quality random number generators
- • Standard Monte Carlo, Latin Hypercube, and Sobol (randomized QMC) sampling
- • 40 probability distributions from Bernoulli to Weibull, including custom distributions
- • Full support for Stochastic Libraries containing pre-generated Monte Carlo trials
- • Facilities for publishing and using general or company-specific Certified Distributions
- • 20 statistics and risk measures, including SemiVariance, VaR and Conditional VaR
- • Rank order correlation of dissimilar distributions, with automatic adjustment of correlation matrices
- • Automatic fitting of continuous and discrete distributions to user data or simulation results
- • Error filtering and easy ways to include/exclude scenarios to obtain conditional distributions